- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 9 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked egg noodles
Recipe by Margo Rudman Gold.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot over low heat. Add garlic, onions and ginger; sauté until soft and golden, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add carrots and parsnips; cook, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and noodles; simmer until thoroughly heated.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: