- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups arugula
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
- Steam fennel, covered, about 7 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in grill pan over medium-high heat. Add fennel, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until charred.
- Place tomatoes in small skillet over medium heat. Add vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until tomatoes burst. Mash with a fork or potato masher. (Be careful not to overcook and let liquids evaporate.)
- Divide arugula among 4 plates. Top with fennel and spoon hot tomato dressing over the top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: