- 1 pint medium strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups (tightly packed) baby arugula
- 1 cup (loosely packed) cress (watercress, upland cress, or a combination), leaves and tender stems only
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, leaves and tender stems only
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Cheryl Sternman Rule
- Place the sliced strawberries in a medium bowl.
- Fill a deep bowl with cool water. Add arugula, cress, parsley, tarragon and mint, swish around to clean, and lift into the basket of a salad spinner. Spin dry and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, honey, salt and pepper until emulsified. (Or shake vigorously in a lidded jar.) Spoon 1 tablespoon vinaigrette over strawberries; toss gently to coat. Spoon 2 tablespoons vinaigrette over herbs; toss gently. Scrape berries over herbs. Taste, adding more vinaigrette if desired. Serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: