- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch dark greens (kale, beet greens, collards, chard)
- 2 medium chicken sausages (any flavor)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Tear greens into 2 inch pieces. Submerge torn pieces in a large bowl filled with water. Swish leaves around to remove any dirt. Drain and spin leaves in salad spinner. You may have to spin-dry in batches if you have a lot of leaves. The leaves do not need to be completely dry.
- Cook chicken sausage according to the directions on the package. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir with wooden spoon until tomatoes soften. Add greens and turn with tongs until leaves fully wilt. Note: Beet greens or Swiss chard may need less time to wilt than kale or collards. Sprinkle lemon juice and crushed red pepper, if using, onto wilted leaves. Add salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and add chicken sausage to pan. Sprinkle flax seed on top. Toss to combine. Split meal between two bowls (the sides of the bowl help to keep the food hot) and serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Warm Skillet Salad with Dark Greens, Chicken Sausage and Cherry Tomatoes on Relish.com